- 1 C sugar
- ½ C paprika
- ¼ C kosher salt
- ¼ C celery salt
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
If using your own dried herbs chop them as finely as possible.
Mix together the herbs and spices in a small bowl.
Sprinkle a generous amount of herb rub onto each piece of meat and use your hands to rub it into the meat, covering all areas.
Allow rub to sit on the meat for about 15 minutes before cooking using your desired method.
Store all leftover rub in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark cabinet. Most dry rubs can stay fresh for 6-12 months if stored properly in a cool dry dry.