- 1 C sugar
- ½ C paprika
- ¼ C kosher salt
- ¼ C celery salt
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- If using your own dried herbs chop them as finely as possible.
- Mix together the herbs and spices in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of herb rub onto each piece of meat and use your hands to rub it into the meat, covering all areas.
- Allow rub to sit on the meat for about 15 minutes before cooking using your desired method.
- Store all leftover rub in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark cabinet. Most dry rubs can stay fresh for 6-12 months if stored properly in a cool dry dry.